OK YOUTH CHOIR
A Choir for children with additional needs and their siblings. The Choir gives pupils the opportunity to develop their skills, find their own voice and gain the confidence to sing in front of others. Children who are mute will often start to sing in a choir; others with communication difficulties may sing better than they speak. Choir sessions are on Saturday morning for 45 minutes with 2 age groups:
- ages 5-11
- ages 12-25
- Learning breathing techniques by for example blowing instruments
- Physical movement and learning rhythm.
- Constant repetition to help those with memory problems
- Learning songs for performance
- The aim for the older group is for them to eventually sing in 2 parts
- Improved communication skills
- Reduced isolation
- Improved social skills
- Improved concentration
- Increased confidence and pride
- A chance to share the joy of singing and performing with others
- Feeling part of a community
The OK Youth Choir sang beautifully at our 2017 Christmas Concert with some wonderful solos and we aim for them to perform at all our future concerts.
When: Saturday mornings during term-time
Where: Newland House School, Waldegrave Park, Twickenham TW1 4TQ
Please call: 07435 062212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Go-Local Community Choir
Our Founder Dr Margaret Lobo also leads the Go-Local Community Choir, run by local charity RUILS, which supports older or disabled people.
The Choir has performed at several events including the Spring Fair, RUILS AGM, the OKMT Music School Choir Christmas concerts with the OK Youth Choir and at the Richmond Choirfest where they have won awards for the last 2 years!
When: Tuesday 11am- 12 noon
Where: RUILS, 4 Waldegrave Road, Teddington, TW11 8HT
Please call: 020 8831 6205/07904 608 404 or email KirstyCox@ruils.co.uk
No musical experience or audition required