Intensive one-to-one or small group music therapy sessions for children with additional needs.
For children who have attended 2-3 terms of Music Club, or any of our music projects for children, but who are not yet ready to start ‘Music School’.
- improvised music making exploring a variety of instruments including keyboard and percussion
- the use of singing and voice
- some structured activities and also free play
- the children start to engage with the therapist and others
- they develop communication skills and relationships,
- they show increased confidence and creativity
- they start to take part in activities, think of others and take turns.
- they develop listening skills, co-ordination and concentration.
Some will then be able to start the first stage of Music School, where they can develop their musical abilities further.